OK… Most of the time when I make anything. Theres a few things I look for- Its good, Its easy & its quick!
This ticks off all the boxes, especially the good yummy part- Everyone will ask you for the recipe I promise!
Herby Garlic Yogurt Cheese Spread-
-A Bowl and a strainer that fits inside or on top of the bowl.
-Cheese cloth preferably- but Ive used an old tea towel and even paper towel- so one of them will do.
– A bowl for mixing.
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Herbs of your choice
- Salt & Pepper
***Best to make this 3-4 days ahead of when you need it.***
Takes 5 Mins to make!
- In a bowl add your yogurt- Judge on how much you might need or want to make- its completely up to you.
- Add your herbs and garlic. Salt & Pepper. – You make the call on how herby and how much garlic you like. I personally add 1 clover of garlic. And go out to the garden and pick thyme, parsley, oregano, sage, rosemary, basil. Finely chop the herb mix so it amounts to 2 table spoons per 3 cups of yogurt.
- Its definitely a Taste Test recipe. Make note that the mixture will still have quite a greek yogurt bite to it which will completely mild when done.
- Mix together. And pour into a prepped bowl & strainer with a cloth layer on top for extra drainage.
- let the cloth gently cover the top of the mixture.
- Place in Refrigerator for 3-4 days. The liquid will drain from the yogurt mix through the cloth and strainer into the bowl.
- After 3-4 Days- You have this delicious spread! You can store it in a container with lid. I sometimes take a small spoon and form globs and place all the globs in a jar with olive oil which is yummy with breads.
- ***You can modify the recipe to get more of a goats cheese consistency- Add lemon and a bit more salt. That will draw the moisture out of the yogurt. When complete wrap with plastic wrap to form that classic goat cheese roll. You could even roll it in more herbs or a salt & pepper spice mix.
- Really skies the limit on this recipe- You could just do a salt & pepper cheese. OR Rosemary and chopped dried cranberries Or truffle salt Or Olives, sun dried tomatoes Or really anything that your heart desires. Its always good and fresh and even though youll never notice, its healthy , you know exactly whats in it, and its alot cheaper that the $10.00 fancy roll of goat cheese that tastes the same.