I was recommended to try Herban Essentials by an Equestrianista who’s very savvy. I wrote to Herban Essentials and they sent me a little sample pack to give them a try.
My first observations:
The packaging is clean, simple and clever. Very eye catching and something that you’re happy to throw in your bag, keep in the barn, in your car and nearby to use when needed.
I always like to support good companies that use pure good quality product, are animal testing free, and manufacture within their own country.
I received a multi pack- I couldn’t decide which wipe to open first! After trying all scents, I don’t have a favorite, they are all great. Personally, I love mint- so the mint wipes were great and refreshing. The lemon and orange were deliciously clean. The lavender was delightfully calming and lovely.
They make a clever pet wipe with the scent of lavender. What a great idea! Those stinky barn dogs could use a wipe down once in a while. Plus, the lavender scent has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties and has been used as a repellent for insects which is a nice added benefit.
Many of the essential oils not only smell good, but have other properties such as anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and aroma therapy.
I thought a lot about how you can use these wipes with the Equestrian in mind:
– Wipe off your face and refresh sunscreen. Clean away dirt, sweat and grime that clog pores and can create uneven skin. Lavender and Eucalyptus have great antibacterial properties which will help with any chin blemishes that you might get in the summer from your chin strap on your helmet.
– When you are done with wiping your face, stuff the wipe inside your riding helmet to keep that smelling fresh for your next ride!
– Wipe down your tack with the lavender wipes for a cleaning, moisturizing and anti-bacterial application.
– Wipe down your chin strap with the lavender or eucalyptus to get rid of the grime that’s collected there. Not only do you need to keep your face clean, but also what touches your face to minimize blemishes.
– Use the lavender wipes on your horse’s face at a show to put the finishing touches before going into the show ring. If lavender has calming properties for humans, maybe it will benefit your horse as well?
– Use the lavender for yourself while warming up for the show ring. Tend to feel a little bit nervous? Wipe your face down, neck and wrists. You will smell refreshed as well as benefit from that calming property lavender offers. The essentials oils on the wipe will warm up with your skin. Compete clean, calm cool and collected!
– Wipe down your show boots before going into the ring or after.
– Wipe down that dirty dog or smelly barn cat.
– Don’t throw away your wipes! Well, unless after wiping down the dirty barn dog. Use first on your face and body to refresh yourself and then leave the wipe in your car as an air freshener! In the fall or winter, leave the already used wipe in your pocket to make your barn jacket smell good.
– After riding, always have one on hand for going from the barn to somewhere else.
– Mint has been said to help with spider control, so after using the mint wipe, wipe down somewhere in the tack room to keep the spiders down.
– The lemon and orange scents are great to wipe down the kitchen- they smell fantastic! Just like a freshly cut lemon or orange. Wipe down your car or truck’s dashboard- It tends to collect more dust and dirt going to the barn and will leave a fresh smell in your vehicle.
What else can you think of?
Want to find where to purchase Herban Essentials? Click Here:
Click above to place your zip code in and find a retailer